– Courtesy shop opening!
– Looking for PTO volunteers monthly to man the shop during a lunch/recess. Next date is 11/09 from 12:10-1 PM (Thanks Lisa!)
– Always accepting donations to fill the shop
– Ribbon Cutting Ceremony on 10/25 at 3:00 PM
– Fundraising to complete another section of the playground
– Special date- Friday, 11/18 is Red White and Blue Day for reading
– Teresa will set-up
– She will coordinate the wish lists out to students
– She will scout for volunteers to work the book fair from 11/18- 11/22
– Communication to bring back unsold chocolates or money raised
– Lisa is researching a 2nd fund raiser – Legoland
– No risk to us
– Purchase admission tickets
– Check it out at https://www.legolanddiscoverycenter.com/chicago/parties-and-groups/brick-by-brick-school-fundraising.aspx
– Last collection date for first round of winners is Oct. 21st but communicate to keep them coming in for the second round of winners.
– Erin will collect from school and deliver box tops to Candy
– Winning class in beginner (k-2) and intermediate (3-5) will receive an extra recess as a prize
Dine and Share
– Next dine and share is Chipotle on Oct. 21st from 4-8
– Please post on your facebook pages and send a blast email to local friends to attract more community money
– Maria is researching November dine and share
– You should have received informational emails from Amanda
– Most is the same but if you have any questions, feel free to send her a note.
Halloween Fun Fair – Thursday, Oct. 27th from 5:30-8
– Thank you for signing up to volunteer. If you are available and can help let Erin know
– Erin found additional adult volunteers and Chippewa students to run the games
– Faculty members will also be in our “Pie in the Face” booth! Fun!! And have volunteered to be in a raffle “Lunch with a teacher”. Thank you!
– Any questions, please send me a note or call but I’ll be sending out reminders with details the week of the event.
– Winning classes from the Box Top Challenge will be announced
New Business- Launching of “Own a School” initiative with Chili’s in Rosemont
– It’s basically a looooooooooooong dine and share with nice perks. Starting on the Halloween Fun Fair through Dec. 23rd. The school will receive 15% back of all sales by mentioning South School or showing the flyer
– No risk to us
– Chili’s is offering free kids meals and flyers to help launch the program at the Fun Fair
– Chili’s is offering to host a day or two where South Faculty can be servers to help keep up momentum. We already have volunteers!
– This fundraiser is good at most Chili’s locations, especially in the midwest! So we can post online and anyone who wants to help can do so by mentioning South School, wherever they may be
– Chili’s is interested in hosting a Tailgate party for us
– Chili’s is offering to sponsor a Teacher of the Quarter awards
Friday, November 18th is reserved for PTO to have a social at the school. It is the Friday before Thanksgiving break but we could try something if you’d like.
– Send Erin your ideas
– Maybe a movie night could be a low-key and fun outing to do? What movie?
– Maybe a family game night?
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here